Cross-country (XC) skiing and skate skiing
Welcome to a Nordic skiing paradise! More than 140 km of XC trails
From leisurely cross-country trails to competition-standard trails, the 140-kilometre network of XC trails has everything cross-country skiers need to make their hearts beat faster. Featuring a flat valley floor, the high valley offers perfect conditions. The high altitude setting ensures a relatively good snow cover and a good quality of XC trails until the end of the winter. The terrain offers everything XC skiers could wish for, regardless of their ability level. After enjoying a delightful Guthof breakfast, you can step out of the door and directly access the trail that passes our house and take in the fairy-tale scenery of the Tannheim Valley.
It goes without saying that the XC trail network in Tannheim Valley was awarded the official ‘Tirolean Cross-country Trail Seal of Quality’. – Award-winning XC skiing trails.
The Tannheim Valley is among the best XC skiing areas in Europe and has received multiple awards from the German skiing association and also has the Tirolean Cross-country Trail Seal of Quality from the regional government.
Strap on your XC skis and glide across Lake Haldensee, through enchanted snow-covered forests or over sunlit open terrain and take in the stunning mountain scenery… enjoy the varied landscape.
Perfect for experienced and ambitious skiers
One of the largest cross-country skiing events in Germany and Austria –
the ‘Ski-Trail Tannheimer Tal – Bad Hindeland’ for classic cross-country and skate skiers – takes place every year and goes right past Guthof Lutz.
The terrain offers everything XC skiers could wish for, regardless of their ability level. After enjoying a hearty Guthof breakfast, you can step out of the door and directly access the trail that passes our house and take in the fairy-tale scenery of the Tannheim Valley.
A quality approved cross-country skiing accommodation provider
Quality criteria for cross-country skiing accommodation
To make your holiday as pleasant as possible, you will enjoy the advantages of a certified cross-country (XC) skiing accommodation, which meets the following mandatory criteria:
- Fitness breakfast (fruit, muesli, etc.)
- Ski storage room with a place for XC skiing equipment (lockable, area covered by theft insurance)
- Ski room with waxing facilities for XC skiing equipment: Waxing bench or rack, iron, power supply, retouch pen, wax-scraper, brush, screwdriver
- Washing and drying facilities for XC skiing clothing or laundry and drying service (optionally subject to surcharge)
- Maximum distance to closest XC skiing trails: 3 km
- XC skiing information on the business’s website (and if possible also in in print form):
- Information that the business is a quality-approved XC skiing accommodation incl. list of criteria fulfilled and integrated official ‘XC Ski Accommodation’ logo
- Information about the region, XC skiing in the area, trail maps, all-inclusive offers for XC skiers, etc.
- Link to XC skiing website of the regional tourism board
- Accommodation can be booked online
XC information corner with the following information:
- Map showing all trails in the region
- Recommended trails for all ability levels incl. information on trail access points
- List of hire shops and sports shops (incl. opening hours & address)
- List of ski schools (incl. opening hours & address)
- Timetables for public transport and opening hours for lifts to high-altitude trails
- Specialist XC skiing magazines (e.g. Nordic sports, active life, etc.)
- Weather information: weather forecast for the next 3-5 days